#sexgen is a collaborative interdisciplinary network bringing together gender and sexuality based research centres around the North of England and Scotland. We aim to bring academic research, writing and thinking on gender and sexuality into conversation with the ideas, cultural expressions and knowledges of community groups, cultural sites and activist organisations.
The universities belonging to the Network are Leeds, Huddersfield, Durham, Glasgow, Lancaster, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Strathclyde, Sunderland, and York.
In 2015-2016, #sexgen will continue to hold a series of free seminars (listed below). Seminars will be themed to reflect current and emerging themes in gender and sexuality studies.
- October 30th 2015, Gender and Sexuality Research Group, University of Huddersfield: British South Asians: Issues of Gender and Sexualities (event page – bookings now open)
- January 29th 2016, University of Strathclyde: Intimacies, Critical Consumption and Diverse Economies
- February 2016 (date tbc), The Centre for Interdisciplinary Gender Studies, University of Leeds: Gender diversity
- April 2016 (date tbc), Centre for Women’s Studies, University of York: Asian Intersections
- May 4th 2016, University of Sheffield: Developments in Gender and Women’s Studies
- May 18th 2016, Centre for Sex, Gender and Sexualities, Durham University: Masculinities, Sexualities and the Workplace
- June 16th 2016, University of Glasgow: Gender, Sexuality and Migration